Wednesday, October 5, 2011

FREEDOM??

I got very inspired last night and decided I might choose

FREEDOM

as my "theme word thing"...
My mannequin for example ties in to the word under restriction of women's freedom of appearance... Since I also have those fotos i took this summer, where my friend is throwing a chair in the air, it represents the freedom of setting the chair free out of its tied state to the ground by gravity, its static, boring existence. These I will develop into a studio project of its own, however I am also interviewing friends on their ideas and first thoughts at the word FREEDOM which is partly personal research, and partly i might build it into a separate video project.

my chair fotos are at home, therefore I experimented a POTENTIAL STENCIL PROJECT with the picture of the provocative graffitti man which I took in paris. i wont put him infront of the wall of writing, but i might make stencils of the flying chairs etc.

the quote is from the Art Biennale 2011 in Venice, i found it written on one of the walls in the Brazilian pavilion.


No comments:

Post a Comment