Saturday, May 28, 2011

RUINS OF MODELS

For part of my MEGA studio project that involves Bulimia and the effect it has on the soul and heart of its victims, I'm going to take 4 close up fotographs (to be posted in the near future) of myself, covered in make up and seeming beautiful but fake. 






ARNULF RAINER


Then I fill print them out and paint over them with different colours, making parts of the face seem destroyed and rotting while other parts are still fake beautiful and intact. 
Mr. Morgan showed me this artist some time ago and I did some research on him, his fotos kind of inspired me for that projcet.


2 comments:

  1. Michael from Y13 was also heavily influenced by Rainer. He's an important artist for you to be investigation now - visually, technically and conceptually.

    Have a look at Heartfield too for another approach:

    http://www.towson.edu/heartfield/artarchive.html

    ReplyDelete