Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fotography competition

On Tuesday I submitted some fotos to a German Youth Fotography Competition. The theme was women's football and I used my best friend as a model.
I didn't really like the pictures because we didn't have enough time to take them in a way that I wanted to take them. So I inversed them on Phtotoshop to give them a weird look of tension and strangeness and foreigness.
I have no idea if they will win anything but they gave me an idea for a new studio project.








I'm going to make a fotography based studio project with a series of fotographs in this effect of a person doing many everyday actions. These everyday actions will be fotographed in a composition that contains tension in some way, I don't know what exactly yet. 
Then I'll put this inverse colour effect to estrange the normal pictures into something strange.
I might even paint them onto numerous small canvases that I'll hang up next to each other. 
I'll have to see. 

1 comment:

  1. Powerful images - and the inversion/negative effect works really well

    You can apply the same effect to video too.

    ReplyDelete